Sunday 17 March 2013

Josie Gibson's 30 second slim

Hi everyone!
Wow! It's been a while since i last posted anything. I've been quite busy with work and stuff and also not very well off so i haven't been able to buy much to review...well, i have got a few reviews in the pipeline but i guess i have been feeling a bit lazy of late as well :P So there, my excuses are out of the way. Now, let's get down to business.
I know this slightly veers away from the usual content of my blog but i suppose this being a review of a fitness DVD, it kind of ties in to the beauty side of things.
I've made no secret of the fact that I've always been on the heavier side but since last June, I've been on a one woman mission to slim down (I've shed 35lbs so far). After Christmas i put on half a stone so i thought I'd step up my weight loss and buy this DVD. Everyone can see how amazing Josie looks now and i thought I've gotta get me some of that!



This is the description given on Amazon;

"Big Brother’s Josie Gibson is more of a little sister now! She’s dropped 5 dress sizes and 3 stone using 30-Second Slim. Personal trainer James Stark created this Short Sharp Slim workout based on the latest science of High Intensity Interval Training. It’s just 30 seconds of sweat, followed by an active rest. 

"Laboratory tests show it burns fat faster than any other form of exercise," says James. 

Plus, Josie reckons, "it’s great if you’re a bit lazy like me ‘cos the hard bit only lasts 30 seconds at a time!"

Three 20-minute workouts build in intensity from Level 1 to Level 3. In each there’s… 
  • WARM-UP: 4 minutes of easy calorie-burning moves. 
  • MAIN WORKOUT: 12 minutes of fat-burning intervals & moves to tone up the bum, arms and belly. 
  • COOL DOWN: 4 minutes of stretches to lengthen the muscles."

I'm not gonna lie and say that this is a walk in the park, because it's really tough work. Especially if you're like me and have pretty much never exercised in your life! I lost my Christmas weight in two weeks (doing level one 3 times a week) and then put my DVD back on the shelf because i was just finding it too hard! But after 2 months of doing wii fit and playing the just dance and zumba games, i felt ready for something a bit more strenuous! I've been doing this again for about a week and a half now and so far, I've lost another 4.2lbs so this is definitely working for me (along with watching what i eat of course; i track my food intake using my fitness pal). I still find it very tough and I'm still only on level 1 but it's gradually getting easier and the results speak for themselves. Josie says to stick with it, so that's what i plan to do. She has done amazingly well and I'd be happy to look half as good as her. I also enjoy this DVD because her story is very easy to relate to for real people. She's not just some gym fanatic who has never had to lose that much weight. She used to be a larger girl and she's worked hard to slim down, and when you're doing this work out, it feels like she knows what you're going through.
Has anyone else used this DVD? What were your thoughts?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I promise i'll reply to every one! :) ♥