Saturday 9 June 2012

My Five Beauty Must-Haves

I thought I would kick this blog off by writing about my five beauty must-haves. These are the products that I just can't live without. These are in no particular order as I love them all equally :)
So without further delay, here we go!
Please note, that I usually get my make up from eBay. Which is usually cheaper than I will state on here as I will put the RRP :)

1.) Benefit "Stay, don't Stray" primer. RRP £19.50 - 10ml



Now, let me start of by saying, this seems like a splurge for me. But I can assure you that it's worth it! Primer is important for my make up routine, as without it, i can look like my make up is melting off my face because of my dreaded oily skin! I use this before my eyeshadow and concealor to make sure it stays put all day! You only need a little bit, one dot on each eyelid and a small dot over the places you are applying concealor. Just be careful as it has a pump dispenser, which can make it difficult to control the amount that come out Try to push it down slowly, as otherwise you will have a load of primer leftover, and nowhere to put it! Once you've blended it in, it dries invisibly And after, it's dry, just apply your eye shadow as normal and it will last you all day. I really don't know how I lived without this product. I love it! Don't be put off by the seemingly small bottle as it will last you for ages! Oh yeah, and it's also good for hiding dark circles under the eyes too! :)




2.) L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara - Waterproof in Black. Prices May Vary.




Now, the reason I had to write "prices may vary" is because this has been discontinued in the UK. Which I am so disappointed about as this is the ONLY mascara to date that has any effect on my eyelashes and manages to get them exactly how I want them. I have to buy this off eBay and it usually costs me around £10 for two tubes. I can't big this stuff up enough, I just love it. I have quite short eyelashes normally, but this makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and people always comment on how long they look when I wear this mascara. It boasts 12 times more volume and boy does it deliver! I always curl my eyelashes first just to give maximum effect. I always use eyelash curlers with a spring in them as this somehow makes the curl last all day. Step one is a silvery base coat which works to prep your eyelashes and define them ready for step two. Step two is the black mascara. It has a comb brush instead of the traditional mascara wand which allows precise application with no mess. I usually apply 2-3 coats of the black mascara to build up the volume. The comb really helps to avoid clumps as well which is a great bonus as there's nothing worse looking that clumpy mascara. I have absolutely no idea why this was discontinued as it is the best mascara I have ever used!




3.) Rimmel exaggerate liquid eyeliner in black. RRP £5.29 for 2.5ml




I absolutely love wearing liquid eye liner. It's part of my everyday make up and this one really packs a punch! It's got a good sized brush and can be applied in thick or thin lines. Admittedly, liquid eye liner can be tricky for beginners, but you just have to persevere! And once you get the hang of it, it can really add drama to your look. I like to add flicks at the end of my eyelids for an extra, unique look! This works well over eye shadow as well. It's such a versatile product and it's good to play around with so you can change up your look and find your own way to wear your eye liner. I've been using this for years now and it really is the only eye liner for me!




4.) Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising cream RRP £4.28 for 200ml




Moisturising is essential to anyone's beauty regime! It's very important to look after your skin, especially on sensitive areas like your face. If you wash your face daily with a cleanser, then it is essential to moisturise afterwards to stop your face from drying out. I love this moisturiser because it's so versatile. You can use it on your face, hands and body and it's so light. I have quite oily skin and this cream doesn't make it worse, like other creams I've tried. You only need to use a little bit, as it spreads quite far over your face. This tub should last a couple of months, they even do a 75ml tube to pop in your handbag! Perfect!




5.) GHD IV Hair Straighteners RRP £99



Now, i know these are very expensive, but they need to be thought of as an investment!
In my opinion, no other hair straighteners come close to these. I have naturally curly hair, and now that it's been cut short, it's very important to me that it is kept straight, and these do the job like no other! Once my hair has been straightened with these, that's it! I needn't touch it for the rest of the day. It isn't left frizzy, or static. Just smooth, shiny and most importantly, STRAIGHT! These are well worth the money and come with a two year guarantee, just for a bit of piece of mind. Just please, make sure you use a decent heat protection spray when using these (and any other heated hair appliance) as otherwise your hair could risk being frazzled. Which is never a good look!

So there you have it. Those are my top 5 beauty must-haves. And my very first post in my new blog. I hope you all enjoyed reading it! If you feel like i have missed any vital information about any of the products mentioned, then please feel free to leave me a comment!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I promise i'll reply to every one! :) ♥