Wednesday 12 December 2012

Macademia Oil Deep Repair Masque

As much as i like winter; mainly for all things christmas. My hair doesn't. So this year i set out to find a really great product that would keep my hair hydrated for these cold winter months. I colour my hair and also dry and straighten it everyday, so hair masques are really important to keep my hair soft and free from split ends.
That's where Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque comes in. I've always heard amazing things about this but i was a bit put off by the high price tag (500ml £36.75. 250ml £23.95). After a bit of shopping around, i found a 250ml tub on amazon for £12.80 (link above) so i thought i'd try it out to see what all the fuss is about.


What it promises
"Macadamia Natural Oil's Deep Repair Masque revitalises dry, damaged hair like you have never experienced before. Using a combination of macadamia and argan oil infused with tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extracts this masque will rejuvenate and rebuild the hair, leaving it deeply nourished for improved elasticity and shine with long-lasting conditioning benefits."

What I thought
I'm going to be honest, as i always am. This was another disappointment. The high price tag just isn't worth it and i'm so glad i didn't pay the full price for it. Don't get me wrong, it smelt amazing but the results were no different to those you'd get from a cheaper brand and the smell did remind me of a herbal essence conditioner i tried a few years ago. It didn't leave my hair feeling any worse but i didn't really notice a huge difference. Not like what is promised on the packaging. I think what i'm saying is that this product has been overly hyped up online and it didn't really live up to my expectations. I have found that my regular conditioner which is Dove Colour Radiance Express Treatment Conditioner works a lot better if i leave it on for 5 minutes rather than the recommended 30 seconds. I do this everyday but i am still looking for a decent intensive conditioner that i can use once or twice a week. Has anyone got any recommendations? I'd also love to hear your thoughts on Macadamia oil products!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I promise i'll reply to every one! :) ♥